Monday, February 5, 2007

The Okavango Delta - a true unspoilt wilderness

I had the opportunity to spend a few days in the Okavango Delta - a place of ultimate serenity. The Okavango Delta in Botswana is the world's largest inland delta. Botswana encourages low impact tourism and therefore the wilderness resource remains unspoilt and uncrowded - a true African wilderness!!! The perfect destination for a memorable honeymoon.

I visited the following camps: Shinde, Kanana, Camp Okuti, Chief's Camp, and Stanley's Camp. I will write about my experiences at each of these lodges in the following days. It was an unforgettable experience!!! All these lodges are perfect honeymoon destinations.

I will also share the most amazing experience in my life with you - a walk with the Elephants. I spent 4 hours walking and interacting with 3 elephants (Jambo, Tembi, and Marula) in the heart of the Okavango Delta.

No comments: