Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Meetings with God

My husband dragged me with to a course offered by our church last night - 'Meetings with God' - and boy am I glad that I went. It was really an eye-opener for me.

I started understanding how important it is in all of our lives to have a purpose. We all have a calling and a greater purpose in life. This calling helps us understand the purpose of life, gives us energy and hope, helps us carry on during difficult times and helps us understand that our relationship with the Lord should be a personal relationship. We really need to know the Lord. It doesn't help if we only know of the Lord.

We are all called by our names to do something for the Lord. It is not necessarily church work, but work in our everyday lives - at work, at the gym, with friends. It is our responsibility to really meet the Lord and find out what our calling is.

It is my calling to be the best mother and wife that I can and to learn my little boy about the loving God that I know, but I am called for something more and I am yet to find out during the following weeks to come. I am really excited to really meet God and hear what He wants me to do for Him.

No comments: